This policy covers all Bay Hotel customers and visitors to the Bay Hotel website at www.thebayhotel.net.
The Bay Hotel is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users while providing the highest possible quality of service. Under the terms of the Data Protection legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal and/or private data which we collect from you.
This page details what information we hold about you and how this information will be used.
Who we are
In this policy the terms "us", "we" and "our" refer to The Bay Hotel and/or Pettycur Bay Holiday Park whose registered office is located at Burntisland Road, Kinghorn, FIFE, Scotland, KY3 9YE. The terms "you", "your" and "yours" refer to you, the customer.
Information collection and use
We use the information we receive from you to provide goods and/or services that you request, to communicate with you, and to personalise our information sent to you.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and email, such as name, address, telephone number etc
- Your preferences and use of email updates (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers)
- Your IP Address. This is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is anonymised and used to obtain statistics about usage of the Website
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to supply to you services purchased via the website, to provide after sales service, and to process your payments
- In certain cases we may use your email address to inform you about our events, services or products that we think would be of interest to you. In such a case you will be offered the option to unsubscribe
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies (eg WorldPay) for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing payments, monitoring how customers use the website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services.
- For internal record keeping, and administrative purposes
Access to information
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You can do this by contacting us. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity.
We will fulfil your request by sending your information electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.For any subsequent access request we may charge an administrative fee.
Intended use of personal data
General use of our website does not require any registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some of our services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain services or for us to respond to your query.
Information correction and deletion
If you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified in Information Collection and Use will be deleted.
If at any point you wish for The Bay Hotel to delete information about you, you can simply contact us.
However, please note that if you use any of our services which require you to provide personal information, deleting our records may mean that you will need to resubmit it to continue using such services.
How long will my personal details be kept on file?
For accessing historical information and for business reporting purposes, we retain customer details for a period of 6 years from the date in which you last enter and confirm a booking reservation with us.
Will my details be passed on to any one else?
We do not give, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Our website makes use of internet browser cookies, which we use to temporarily store information about your transaction when making a purchase, log files for statistical analysis and Google Analytics to analyse how users use our website.
Cookies and log files
For more information on cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, or tweeting about us on Twitter, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
Privacy and Security
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Our website uses secure server software (SSL) to encrypt information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
International privacy laws
If you are visiting our website from outside the United Kingdom, please be aware that you are sending information (including Personal Data) to the United Kingdom where our servers are located.
Credit card information
Access to information
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information.
Sale of business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business, anonymised details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers. Such customer information as is necessary will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of information by us. Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
How to contact us
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to any information that The Bay Hotel holds about you
- Correct any information that we hold about you
- Delete information that we hold about you
If you have any further questions about The Bay Hotel's collection and storage of data, please contact us:
- telephone us: 01592 892 222
- write to us: The Bay Hotel, Burntisland Road, Kinghorn, FIFE, Scotland, KY3 9YE.